Skilled Nursing Home Health Care
American Safety Options (ASO) is a comprehensive multi-service home health care provider that provides skilled at-home nursing care for the following waivers:
- Aging Waiver
- Attendant Care Waiver
- Act 150 Program
- COMMCARE Wavier
- Independent Waiver
- And more (please call for additional information)
American Safety Options, Inc. (ASO) is an independent home health care service in the Philadelphia are that provides continuous skilled and non-skilled support and care for patients in their homes. We work with patients ages 18 and over, with many of our patients aged 60 and above. Our home health care services focus on the fact that great health care isn’t exclusive to hospitals and nursing homes; it can happen right in the comfort of your own home.
ASO has been around for years helping individuals & families from all walks of life. We believe in helping seniors and their loved ones explore better life options, including home health care. The programs at ASO also provide training’s opportunities for adults and offer a functional approach that promotes independence, increased self-awareness and confidence.
Our Dynamic Care-Professionals & staffers at our Home Health Agency in Newtown Square Pennsylvania are trained to provide a person-centered approach to clients in the state of Pennsylvania. We are sure that you and your loved ones will value our excellent home care services as an alternative to nursing home care.
Our philosophy is to provide quality care in the least restrictive environment (your home) as you would in the most restrictive environment (the hospital). The deliverance of skilled and ancillary services must follow all government standards, rules, and regulations. Services must be consistent with the needs of our patient while being cost effective.
Assessments & Services
Our home health care agency can provide a service or a combination of services in your home based on your needs. Services appropriate to the needs of the individual will be planned coordinated and made available under the direction of the attending physician and qualified staff. Services offered through this agency are Skilled Nursing, Home Health Aide, Psychiatric Services, Home Dialysis, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy and Occupational Therapy.
- The Skilled Nurse is an RN or LPN with training and experience in providing care in the home. The nurse communicates frequently with your physician to update your plan of care. Services may include evaluation of patient needs, the performance of skilled nursing procedures, education of the patient, family members and caregivers on disease processes, self-care techniques, and prevention strategies, and coordination of patient care and services with your physician and other health care team members.
- Home Health Aide services are provided when applicable as long as you are receiving either skilled nursing care, physical, or speech therapy. The Home Health Aide services are delivered under the supervision of a licensed nurse or physical therapist. Home Health Aide visits take place during the hours of Monday and Friday 8:30am-5:00pm and Saturday by appointment unless requested and approved by Administration. The Agency will attempt to schedule the same Home Health Aide every visit unless there is an unforeseen complication. When the schedule cannot be kept as planned, the patient will receive notification via a phone call with the new change.
Disease Management Programs
Our disease management programs help guide the care of our patients with chronic health problems. We have enacted these programs to improve the quality of care of our patients. Suma Home Care offers a system of coordinated healthcare interventions for our disease management programs. These interventions can range from a reminder phone call to home visits by our medical professionals. Our program improves disease management and will reduce hospital admission rates significantly.
- Cardiac Disease Management Program
- Diabetes/Nutrition Disease management program
- Wound Care Management Program
- Falls Prevention Management Program
- Transitional Care Program
- Veteran Care
- Cancer Care
- Dementia Care
- Chronic Illness Care
- Parkinson Disease Management Program
- Alzheimer’s Disease Management program
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
If indicated, coordination of care with other health professionals can be arranged.
In both situations, assessors may review subsidization possibilities, develop Care Plans, make referrals, and arrange for service delivery schedules per the clients’ wishes.
We would love to coordinate the right home health care services for you or a loved one. Get in touch with us today to get started.